Making home in Jakimirya

The Hall

    

The fifty years old house


  Making home is a bit difficult. To destroy the old one and make a new one on the same plot is a double task. Again, it can hurt your emotions attached to old house. You are attached to the old residence more than 50 years and suddenly one day you destroy it. Actually, I was hurt, and hence I did not take any photos of our old house.

The Inner view from hall

The second option


My father and his mother built it for us. Now they are not in this world. But due to their hard work and blessings we were living in our old house for over fifty years. Now as the old house came to repairing I had two options. Just repair it or replace it with a new home. My family took the second option.

Nearby area 


Why in Jakimirya ?


      Whatever it is, we took the decision to make a new home for us on the same place. We thought of doing something new. It is more difficult to build house in the village like Jakimirya. You have to bring all the material from the city and the cost of transport increases the expenditure. Again, many people shifted themselves to nearby Ratnagiri city for some valid reasons. The sea encroachment is one of that. Sea water is breaking the obstacle called Mirya Bandhara . But, I wanted to stay where my father and grandmother build shelter for us. I also liked the beautiful nature and the people of Jakimirya. My first (primary) school is also in Jakimirya. I wanted to live in the familiar air. Jakimirya is like my family. I can live here happily.  

Problems in the starting :


We started this making of home in January 2014 and completed it in July 2014. Those six months were really tough for us. Problems started at the starting. I had to remove the contractor in the first week, as he was not paying the necessary attention. The major problems were of the workers. Two accidental deaths of their relatives happened . They were fast, but not regular. Out of 3 months they were working they took almost 1 month off ! After three months they got into disputes and the group broke . I had to work with other group. They were too slow and their work was not satisfactory at all. I had to remove them after a week and I found another skilled worker. He was not interested in working in a group. So he continued on his own and single handedly he completed the remaining work perfectly and nicely. He corrected the mistakes done by earlier two groups in a good time and in an artistic manner. I am thankful to him.  


A Grand Entry :   


my cousin's bunglow

 We made our sweet home !


At last, we made our sweet home ! We overcome every problem. You can now see the photos and the videos of this making of home. For those six months we were living in my cousin's bunglow. I must thank him. In fact, I am thankful to all who have helped us to build a house.


Nearing completion 

Waiting to welcome us !

 Entry into the new home ! 


We are entering into our new home on a grand day, the day of independence of India , the 15th August ! I think it is a great way to salute this great country !
                     ..........................

That was a grand day before few years. Now we are living happily in our home . All the incidents still happening as usual but we are keeping our tempo nicely running . We are living happily in our nice and lovely village Jakimirya . The nature is beautiful here and the air is very healthy which keeps us healthy too !
            

Comments